For the Winter season 2022/2023, Deb has returned to the Punta Gorda, FL area.
Deb will be conducting boot camps, travel clinics and custom lessons in South West Florida.
The best way to contact her is via e-mail (email@example.com) or cell/text (231-730-9660).
other popular sayings
Have you heard Deb tell you "wait to be invited" or "Chest High - Let it Fly?" Below are many of her "quotes" and other sayings she has picked up from others that you will undoubtedly hear on the court:
*We play SMARTER, not harder.
* RESPECT THE NET, says Dave Weinbach: The net is a sure point ender - try REALLY hard NOT to go there!
* DOWN THE MIDDLE Solves the Riddle: There are a number of reasons to go down the middle. The net is 2" lower; it can cause confusion (whose ball is it); you have more room for error!
*Practice Does NOT Make Perfect - PERFECT practice make PERFECT!
Non-Volley Zone (The Kitchen):
*NVZ- play CHESS, not checkers.
* NVZ- You want to be ROOM TEMPERATURE BUTTER (soft, smooth, fluid and supple) not melted butter (lazy) nor frozen butter (stiff).
* NVZ - Make your opponent feel AWKWARD and UNCOMFORTABLE. "Scott Moore"
* NVZ - Manipulate them SOFTLY. "Scott Moore"
*GREEN LIGHT - Pull the trigger
YELLOW LIGHT - Proceed with caution. Use as point builder, not point ender.
RED LIGHT - JUST get the ball back, preferably unattackable. Play to hit another ball!
*You need to check all of the boxes before attacking a ball;
1. Am I BALANCED?
2. Am I at the NVL line?
3. Is it a GREEN LIGHT ball?
* At the Non Volley Line, Chest High - Let it Fly
* ALL DAY LONG: We love to dink so much that we CAN do it all day long!
* LESS is MORE: Short and simple strokes at the NVZ. We don't have to go around the world to get to the same place.
*Good drinkers strokes are COMPACT, EFFICIENT, RELAXED, FLUID and REPEATABLE.
* BREATHE: Out when you are hitting the ball. It will help you relax and keep your hands soft at the NVZ.
* HAPPY FEET NOT WELCOME: Move less, not more at the NVZ.
* OWN THE LINE: When you step back off the NVZ, reset back to it if rally is neutral, otherwise, you give up the offense.
* Dinking- must have SOFT HANDS and SLOW paddle head speed.
*Make That Sucker Bounce! - Goal at NVL (Non Volley Line) is to deliver ball to your opponent on the bounce. This helps keep your dinking unattackable. (Simone Jardim)
* Don't start the BATTLE if you can't win the WAR.
*No Man's Land = Land of OPPORTUNITY.
*BLOCK and DROP through the transition zone (Land of Opportunity)
* DON'T CHASE YOUR TRASH. If your transition shot is high and attackable, do NOT follow it in! WAIT TO BE INVITED to the net.
* Return and RUN, Serve and YIELD: Self explanatory.
*Kinetic chain - Don't break it. Our shoulders, hip and ankles stay in alignment. (Sarah Ansboury)
*RECS: We need to keep our strokes REPEATABLE, EFFICIENT, COMPACT, SIMPLE!
* Paddle UP: Not just UP but OUT IN FRONT!
* We don't do straight lines or sharp angles. We need SOFT knees and SOFT elboes at ALL times.
*Get your LEGS in the game.
* Reset Reset RESET: You have not finished executing your shot until you have reset your body and paddle to your athletic stance.
*PUNCH VOLLEY - Think high-five.
* Target Up: The target on your chest needs to stay UP facing the fence behind your opponents with your knees soft and relaxed.
* BODY CONTROL (Balance) = PADDLE CONTROL = BALL CONTROL.
* CREATE SPACE: You must move so that you can hit EVERY ball from ANYWHERE on the court in FRONT of you. Don't let the ball be a SPACE INVADER.